inspired by Chris Ofili


today I went to see the the Chris Ofili retrospective at the Tate Britain with my lovely friend Mat and it was uplifting, joyous and great fun. His work which I had only previously seen in pictures had not been done justice, yet I already had the sense that his work would be wonderful to see. Walking through the retrospective was super great, his work is luminous, physcially beautiful, fun and so interesting as objects themselves (he uses glitter, bright acrylics, elephant dung as wel as tradational materials). I was very good I didn't buy the book and it makes me super excited that catching the train to Tate Liverpool (my first ever visit to Liverpool) to see Afro Modern next week.

His paintings are so tactile and they make me want to paint even though at the moment I am exploring other stuff. Seeing the exhibition today reminds me of why I fell in love with art, this happened when i first opened up the Gustav Klimt book when I was 15 and bought it with the book voucher I received for winning an an award at school.

0 comments:

Post a Comment