my birthday

it was my birthday on Monday, hence I have been quiet and trying to make the most of all birthday cake moments. It was nothing like I planned, far from perfect and even some yuck news thrown in but in a very crazy, silly, way it was ok. If nothing else it has been reinforced lessons of late to let go of control and make the most of the way it is.

my sister went into hospital Monday so many moments my heart was racing in my anxiety of her being in a hospital bed far way from where I could be. She is progressing ok but still in hospital and will be there at least until next Monday.



so after mini birthday activities all weekend, my birthday culminated in a yum dinner cooked by my boy with lovely Mat over to continue to celebrations. I was very silly, selfish and childish all night after spending the day being responsible at work and travelling to Bournemouth for a meeting and returning with a small glimpse of the ocean.

after I got the news about my sister and my leave was cancelled by work I really questioned the value of being responsible. Where does it get us? So in a rash moment I bought myself a very lovely gift a Diana F+ camera. A retro plastic fun camera, with wind on film. Like something from my childhood but even more silly and great. With a million creative possibilities.

Official description,
Starting from scratch with an original 1960’s Diana camera, we pulled apart every tiny nook, cranny, gear and wheel to rebuild it from the ground up. Every quirk and “imperfection” was duly noted and reconstructed – yielding a lightweight beauty that handles and feels just like the original.



so I have a new love, I am excited about making blurry surprising and old fashioned images. I want to carry it everywhere and catch the random moments of my days. It is giving me a sense of great adventure and fun. I know it is only a silly camera but it has inspired me and makes me giddy with excitement.

check out the Lomography website and world of amazing things. I love the whole philosophy, I am converted!

i'll try not to evangelise too much I promise.

0 comments:

Post a Comment