painting and drawing a lamp

Sharing a creation that has turned out on the pleasing side. This creation started with me drawing in charcoal (inspired by my drawing class with Jayne Kay), then layers or acrylic, watercolour and gouche to boot. Lots of golden matte gel medium in between.  A big new step for me.

Creations are very subjective as I really liked the outcome but Lawrence really prefers my other type of work.  I have decided to progress this image with another version, try it out for size.  For no other reason than the joy of creating, painting and engagement I have with life when I am doing it.

This week on my commute I have been reading, M. Scott Peck classic the Road Less Travelled and it has reminded me of the value of therapeutic relationships and how healing comes in all sort of ways. For years I undertook many forms of self development, counselling, training to be a counsellor, NLP,  but nothing quite makes me feel so calm and content as a day spent creating.  Now I just have to work out how I can spend more of my life doing it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment