a different type of still life


Here is full mixed media image that I have used in the header. A mixed media on canvas with still life, inspired by reading the life story of Margaret Olley. Margaret Olley is an Australian painter that is well known for her still life paintings, she still resides in Sydney's Paddington at over 90.  I used to think still life paintings were so boring and tedious, but she gave me a new love. 

The images used in the piece a from a day spent exploring London galleries and exhibitions with Mat and Jasper. You may be able to make out the maps. Since this creation I have now started gathering interesting images, maps and pieces, I am scared the collection will out grow me.

This weekend I have two full days learning, Saturday is drawing and Sunday is printmaking. Lots more images to share soon.



0 comments:

Post a Comment