life and monotypes


I have been having such a ball spending my weekends learning at City Lit. I love having 2 days a week full time creating. It means I am doing something 7 days a week so it has been hard to keep up with normal chores and keeping up with paying bills and having a some sort of social life(I don't know how any parents do it). I have managed it and life fills rewarding and full. It all finished this weekend it is the last days of my drawing and printing courses. The picture is from week 2 at my printing course, one of my experimental monotypes that has turned out ok. I love learning lots of new techniques, it makes my mind boggle and I get super excited with all the possibilites. If you look carefully, you can see how one of my sketches was the inspiration for this monoprint.



I feel so grateful this very evening, the sun is shining I got home by 6.20pm (a record) I am not working tomorrow and Lawrence returns home after months travelling and working 7 days a week. It feels like it is going to be a great summer, lots of art,working 4 days a week and Lawrence is home 6 out of the 8 weeks. We have tickets booked for theatre and a plan to go camping somewhere in the English countryside. Summer feels like such bliss when your normal is grey days, today it feels like I have won the life lotto. I will ride this wave while it is here.

I am off now to make my new favourite pear and walnut salad with a glass of Oyster Bay and 2 hours of the Grey's anatomy Season 5 finale. See it keeps getting better....

0 comments:

Post a Comment