a mythical creature - a happy commuter



I continue to work on my personal art project, my interest/obsession with the London tube and those people who use it. On Tuesday at lunch time I took a twenty minute walk and captured people moving through the station on my iPhone. The purpose was to gather more research material, my personal objective was to bring some creativity into my day. I have shared two of my fav pictures above.

At this point in time the output for this project is a concertina book with images abstracted from my source material. Currently my source materials is from my tube sketchbook developed last year, my photos and the drawings I do while on the tube. I started doing the drawings when I was doing a 3hr daily commute in 2009, I continue to do the drawing today although much more rarely as I don't have a big commute and I am usually riding my bicycle.

There are thousands of ideas about how I want to continue to develop this work. Right now I am just taking baby steps.

I have a big question which is sideways and linked to my topic. Is there a person who exists that is in fact 'a happy commuter'?

0 comments:

Post a Comment