still working on that idea


So it is Sunday and I have spent the whole day making. Somehow I am still in the frustrated place, not really sure what is happening. Most importantly I just keep working with it and hopefully, maybe I may get through it.

To be fair I have had a few good moments, why do the hard ones stay with us more. I have attached is a photograph that expresses what I mean.

I have been contemplating much for the last week, what is all the art stuff about. Am I making art? I know I feel compelled to do it. But for what ends? Do I want to be a 'great artist' or will I be content with the painting and making process and want nothing more? As typical maybe I am just thinking and analysing too much.

Ok getting out of my brain, I went to Classified at the Tate Britain. I really enjoyed the show there were two pieces that were extremely enjoyable:
The Chapman Family Collection 2002
By Jake Chapman born 1966 Dinos Chapman born 1962
+
Tate Thames Dig 1999
by Mark Dion born 1961

I was also delighted by the two Fiona Rae paintings. The show was about how we see the world and how we understand it. It felt pertinent for me and my struggle to get some conceptual understanding of what is important to me about art.

0 comments:

Post a Comment