queuing for art



Sunday we had an adventure we drove in lawrence's new love (streetcar) to Bristol with Brett & TJ. It was a road trip to see Banksy vs Bristol Museum. (I am a exhibition vulture so I was very keen.) We did get up at an ungodly hour on a Sunday pre-6am but we still stood in a queue for hours. When I say hours I mean just over 3! Check out that photo with the queue which also extended around into another road.

So was it worth it? yes and no. I really enjoyed the exhibition and he is a great smart arse. He pokes lots of fun at the establishment and our human habits. His approach makes you laugh and smile but it hasn't changed my life. I did love the approach to the exhibit in taking over the whole museum and the main installation was great. It is a very accessible show and it is great to see so many people from different places visiting Bristol to see art. That in my eyes makes it a big success.

The highlight was that I currently live in a country that queues for art - I am 99% sure that would never happen in Australia.

UPDATE - check out my friend Brett's blog with Banksy Vs Bristol Museum with lots of photos and even silly video of us in the queue. It is a great post.

0 comments:

Post a Comment