Studio delights

One of the highlights of 2011 is finding a great studio to share with some very good friends and artists. It has pushed to me and challenged me in: time management, priorities, ongoing routine of going to a place to create. It has been great just to be able to make something even just a mess and leave it to be there when you return, no more lugging stuff around and also not concerned when paint splashes everywhere. 

I was delighted to see that a photo of our studio is being used to promote Bow Arts SE1 studios. Check out the second image in the 5 images used to promote SE1. In super hectic year I also managed to participate in the Open Studios, flickr has the full set. 





It was interesting to hang and install my flags again and notice people's reaction and be able to talk to interested people about my work. A really good experience even if it was freezing cold and a little quiet on the Sunday. It is my nerdy, art geek that gets excited about a window of opportunity to see that my making and art will grow and continue. That I can be part of the broader community of people who are doing the same, ok act cool and nonchalant now, sorry I just can't.