Making meaning.... a Christmas experience

I have for the first time developed a sense of what Christmas means to me.   A celebration that a year has passed and  you still exist, you may share time with your own important people, food that is special and not often purchased is cooked, caressed and eaten. Joy given to others by contemplating their dreams and wishes and trying to give a gesture of that under a tree. Resting, eating sleeping reading chatting for no particular purpose or reason, the luxury of time.


the boy's christmas cooking 2010, YUM!


It doesn't mean that our Christmas Day was what was planned either but all the same it challenged my sense of right or wrong, good or bad.

Then with the pleasure of time to actually contemplate, a lightbulb moment when I realised that I experienced tangible clarity on a day where I made my own meaning in contrast to my own going exploration making art, looking to explore how we as humans make meaning.