Inspiration via the Ashmolean

As part of living the boy's dream life and living with him in Oxford while he is on tour, today I visited two great places the Ashmolean  Museum of Art and Archaeology and Pitt Rivers Museum. Inspiration on their own merits, and much more of the influence of Pitt Rivers later, I discovered the work of Angela Palmer.

Little did I know I would see two of her great pieces in my time in Oxford, Angela Palmer has done amazing things with Ghost Forest and Mummy.  Her art is often a collision between science and art, often tackling environmental issues.


Angela has clearly had an amazing education at Oxford and Royal Academy of which I am a little envious and she has achieved technically, physically and emotionally beautiful work which is an inspiration.


There is something about a particular artist whose research and creations walks a fine line with science and research, anthropology, ethnography and art which really interests me. Artists like Susan Hiller, Mark Dion, Grayson Perry, Fiona Tan to name a few that are intriguing me.