actually doing it - the reality of the dream


DSCN0113
Originally uploaded by amandajaynecarmichael

well for a long, long, long time I have been talking about putting the Splendidly Imperfect Girl out into the world in different ways. So I have now officially stopped procrastinating and have started to make it happen. It is has been such a powerful and interesting process. My fear is huge, and so instead of feeling excited and happy (as I imagined I would in all the day dreaming and planning for the last 4 years) I have felt scared, sad and down right horrible. I have been reading Summer Pierre book 'An Artist in the Office' and that has really helped. It has opened me up to thinking that there is a reason I put my day job first, and that if I didn't have it and I was doing this fulltime imagine what I would be like. All these discoveries have been a reality check for me. There have been moments of pure excitment and then the gremlins of my thinking come out to play.

So the online shop is still in infancy but I will keep it secret not longer....
www.imperfectworld.etsy.com

The imperfect girl also has a diary...
www.imperfectworlddiary.blogspot.com

So far I have put up paintings for sale and t-shirts and mugs are next on the agenda.
xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment