moving commuting off the hobby list

for the last 20 months I have been travelling from my home in North London to Bromley in Kent for work. On average this takes about 1hr 25mins. With less than a week to go at my current workplace I am smelling the closeness of the end of an era. Commuting is something you become used to though I never quite got over the amount time in my life that it takes up. The hardest thing is finishing late at night and then not arriving home until after 9 at night and the isolation of not really being able to do much during the week because of the time it takes to get places.

there have been good times commuting I have watched movies, tv series, TED talks, listened to podcasts, read books, sketched, slept, zoned out, photographed, drank alot of coffee and listened to music. And many bad times, where I am stuck tunnels on trains, cold, hungry, late and just wishing I could beat work or at home rather than in train or waiting on a platform. This is especially the case if you are a little unwell or tired it feels like you are climbing a mountain just to get to work.


i am happy to be saying goodbye to the commute and scratching it of my hobby list and gaining back 2 hours a day (new job 30mins travel time). Respect too all those who continue to commute and it is more than 20months of their life, may the travel gods be with you. For me it is farewell commuting and hello time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment