school trip to Anish Kapoor


yesterday I was a trip with my art class to Anish Kapoor exhibition in London. It is the second time I have been as I visited with TJ a month ago. It was the first school trip I have been on years and it is was lots of fun, especially with lovely people from class, great conversation, coffee and fun art.

I was naughty in the visit in that the Zumi just accidentally took some photos. I have been playing with them a little. The Zumi is certainly getting a work out and I have enjoyed playing with the images and my love of the silhouette.

If you want to check out more about the interesting Anish Kapoor and his red wax the RA has some good content. What I took away from the exhibition was the notion of performance and experience within a show. I appreciated as a human you interacting with the sculptures and that it defined your experience, and I liked that it would be totally different to another human. The other aspect I loved is that the pieces well the ones with lots of gooey red wax evolved over the exhibition and were different from the first time I visited.

p.s. you can't help but like a exhibition that has a canon that explodes with red wax. Check out the live webcam video if you won't be in London soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment