remembering why i love making and creating

in my new routine of life I spend every second Saturday and Thursday evening at the version I can do of art school. I love it, soaking in every moment, the comments the learning the standing at an easel. I often get my moments of self doubt and when it comes to sharing what I have worked on for the day evaluating myself against others. I try to be gentle with myself and have realised I am not a fast worker, I need time to work on projects and exercises. Last night when looking at favourite blogs I stumbled across a beauty and it reinforced why I make stuff, why I create and why it keeps becoming a bigger part of my life.

check out Jenny's Blog about making something from nothing and the comfort creating stuff can give. Art school is a long way from here, not about the healing is about the nature of making images and the discipline of it. The rigour and craft in the context of the art world. But I still love it, learning things that will help me instead of struggling through in my own self taught habits. Drawing classes made all the difference, I can't even imagine where this will end up.

it is good to remember what started the journey and why ultimately I want to spend as many human hours as possible, making, learning and being around creative and artistic pursuits.

0 comments:

Post a Comment