not proud of my homeland

it is not very often I say that I am not proud of my homeland Australia. But tonight as I write this I feel ashamed of the actions of Australians. It reminds me of how closed minded and racist Australia can be. Nobody is perfect but bad bad TV is no excuse. Between Hey Hey Its Saturday and on Danni Minouge of UK's X Factor we really should hide away for the week as the world sees a very ugly side of Australia.

i have been contemplating in my creative search if I want to explore my Australian identity, is there something I want to say about our horrible human rights issues, what can I say that is of any value? It is so important to me and so much easier to see when you are living in a foreign land not plagued by the blinders of cultural values. Being able to see values as if there were buildings to investigate, see the bricks and structure for all the beauty and ugliness, able to explore in a way that I didn't know how when I lived there. This ugliness is bringing it to the top of my conscious, to be considered again.

on a personal note can someone do something decent(that doesn't include sport) that makes me proud again, I miss the home land of my imagination my rose coloured memory. Please someone do something so I can stand tall again, even if only for a little while.

0 comments:

Post a Comment