ordinarily lovely london weekend

my weekend has been and lovely, full of delightful london ordinariness. This weekend has included: a cider at the pub with friends; watching The Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus(very average film but beautiful visually); yum Japanese for dinner; lunch and coffee at Borough Markets; Tate Modern with Jasper; dinner at Paul and Jaspers's; all Sunday lazing with the boy; and then dinner with Brett and TJ to top it off. It is when life is full of such simple wonderfulness that I realise the magic of feeling content. It has been washing over me a lot lately. I have no greater achievement, no new job, no perfect relationship but somehow I have personally reached a point of being satisfied. No yearning for something other that what I have, where I am or what I am doing. (Well wanting London to be geographically closer to Oz to see my peeps doesn't count).

I am actually happy and the happiness is growing. I could never have imagined such a life and my contentment at such happiness in the ordinariness. I always had plans for life to be grand, when actually my dream of a happy life comes from the opposite direction.

0 comments:

Post a Comment