inspiration for materiality

though not really a word materiality..... in my current work 60 from 250?  I am always seeking to push the limits of my fabric wind and weave technique. Each time I look to change or push something just a degree more. I love looking for the limits and look forward to seeing all the many versions that will happen.


Margie Livingston
Study for spiral block #2
2010
Acrylic
5.75 x 6 x 6 inches
And today via Jealous Curator I found the most wonderful inspiration for pushing material limits, an artist Margie Livingston who makes paintings as sculptures. Margie's work jumped out at me as I looked and wondered and was touched, even through a screen. 


Then Margie did something very generous on her website.... a video where she talks to us the viewer about her process, I am hooked and well worth 9mins of your life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment