mouths and realisations



Yesterday I spent the day at a drawing workshop on mouths at the National Gallery. Taking inspiration from the greats, looking at how artists treated mouths through the ages. I have included the page of studies I did for the first half of the day. I had magic moment at lunch when I realised, I can draw.

Drawing is something I have really struggled with for years and this year I decided to tackle it. Starting with drawing for many days over the Christmas break, then drawing every morning in January, taking 3 drawing courses....and yesterday I was really shocked that I have almost reached a foundation level. Without looking I have reached the first stage of my goal.

I still have a way to go to get to a standard that won't hold me back. My aim for drawing is that I have a level that won't hinder my creative expression of drafting paintings and creations that I want to pursue. It is like learning a new language you want to be able to hold a decent conversation.

This also leads to me to another realisation, sometimes I need to use my mouth more with my friends. When I am unsure, when things feel weird talk about it so it doesn't have to go for months when you imagine all sorts of things. Speak up in the beginning to prevent it growing into something it was never meant to be. I am very privileged to have the most amazing friends and I don't what to mess it up by not sharing and forgetting to use my mouth.

0 comments:

Post a Comment